Friday, August 28, 2015

Brooch Quality Matters


QUALITY Matters, if you can only imagine how many brooches I had to simply throw away or stop using because they would tarnish in a short matter of time.  Yes! Metals do tarnish and even gold and silver change color with time; you most probably already knew this, but most brides don’t think about it when they are excited looking for their perfect Brooch Bouquet, which is normal.



AFTER Purchasing so many brooches and finding the best brooch providers, I can proudly say that I can now distinguish the difference between the good brooches and the bad ones, the good metal from the bad one; I now do recognize the good quality brooches, DO YOU?
BLUE LAGOON,
Colorful Whimsical Bouquet perfect for beach weddings.

WHILE Navigating and looking at the “competition” I’ve seen brooch bouquets go for $125, $100, $75 and waaay below; When I pay close attention to the brooches, I just hope the bride bought that bouquet a week away from her big day, because otherwise, if she waits 4 months or so, she will be walking down the aisle carrying a sad yellowish cheap looking brooch bouquet.



THERE Is an old saying, “You get what you pay for”, but in the brooch bouquet business, this phrase is not always accurate, because let me tell you that, I spy with my little eye, and I have seen brooch bouquets going for $400, $600, $900 and waaay above! And, when I pay close attention, there is no difference between these expensive ones and the $50 dollars bouquets that ship from China (because they are already taking over and selling them by the bunch, so be aware). And that makes me so mad and so sad when I see vendors taking advantage of customers.



I Have come across one shop claiming to make their brooch bouquets with SWAROVSKI BROOCHES, are they kidding me!! A brooch bouquet handcrafted with real Swarovski brooches would cost a fortune! And not only they lie about the Swarovski brooches but their bouquets were made with the worst quality brooches out there; I wonder how many other shops like this one are out there. Some websites such Etsy, allow you to report these type of abuses, be wise and speak up when you notice that something is wrong, you may help another bride not to get scammed.


DIAMOND DROP BROOCH BOUQUET,
long cascading, Swarovski elements. No styrofoam underneath or silk flowers.

IF You are not in the custom jewelry business or at least have enough experience making brooch bouquets, it will be so difficult for you to recognize at first glance the quality of the brooches you are looking at. I’m not saying that your brooch bouquet should look sparkling silver for ever after, but you should be able to display a good looking bouquet for years after your wedding day, of course, the longevity of the good looking brooches also depends of the conditions in which you are storing your brooch bouquet (But that’s another story).



THERE Are many online shops I can tell by their photos that they make their bouquets with high quality brooches, same brooches I use and that’s super cool!! What is not cool is that their prices are really high. As a customer sometimes we think that because we are paying for something super expensive we will get the best product ever, well, let me tell you, maybe you will get the best bouquet ever (after all you didn’t buy a second bouquet to have a point of comparison). What I want you to know is that there are budget friendly bouquet makers, such as myself, and that over priced bouquet you bought without shopping around, has the same brooches I am using and, I don’t know about the quality of their assembly service but, I can tell you that my bouquets are very, very, very well hand crafted and there is also love put into it.
BEAUTY DROP BROOCH BOUQUET,
there is no styrofoam underneath, the broches are resting on silk hydrangeas.


WHY Are their prices so high if they are using the same brooches I am using? What makes that bouquet go for $1,200.00? There can be many reasons, maybe they have to pay for labor, maybe they spend more on advertisement, maybe their rent went up, or, their photos are so cool possibly they spend so much in photo shoots. Yes, advertisement is really expensive; my website may not look like, but is expensive to maintain! But after all, the best advertising is the one my brides give me with their kind reviews, and I am so grateful for that.
Testimonials

CASCADING BROOCH BOUQUET,
there is no styrofoam underneath or silk flowers.

OK! Back to the quality Brooches, here goes my advice: -When you are ready to go shopping for a brooch bouquet, pay close attention to the brooches, and compare quality, size and design accordingly, and you will be surprised; you do not need to spend a fortune on your beloved brooch bouquet for it to be made with quality materials and quality labor. You just need to find the right Artist that will handmade your dream brooch bouquet.




**FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW, BUT Please, do not question me about where I purchase the brooches, I would love to, but I cannot tell you, it took me so many hours, days and money to find the right ones for me, and between us I am still struggling. I appreciate your understanding about me not sharing this information.


Thank you for Reading :)

Keep in Touch! Since I am planning to write about the way you can keep your brooch bouquet looking good for longer. Stay Tuned!
www.antonellamia.com
Website
facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment